Monday, September 20, 2010

Miss Continente Americano 2010 -BLOG

By: Victor Marrufo

Well.. what can i say? Giuliana Zavallos, Miss Peru won a new title as Miss Continente Americano 2010. Followed by first runner up Miss Mexico, Karla Carrillo, and second runner up Miss Brazil, Marylia Bernardt. I was very surprised that Miss Peru won. I also noticed when Karla Carrillo got called, Peru stepped on her dress. I also remembered that she also pushed Miss Universe Ximena Navarrete back in August of this year, and there are reports that say that she was not a nice girl in Miss Universe.

Lets talk about the pageant....

Venzuela, Gabriela Concepcion - she had the perfect chance to take the crown to Venezuela. She did an awesome job during the swimsuit competition. And also showed poise and elegance during the evening gown competition. What did kill it for her was her question. The host asked her question, and when it was her turn to speak she said "OK..". Instead of saying "hello, and good evening".

Mexico, Karla Carrillo - deserved the crown. I am not saying this just because I am Mexican, or because I am trying  to hype Mexico. I think she had the qualities to win the crown. I am soooooooo glad she wore an awesome white floating gown and her hair down made her look extra fierce. She did a FANTASTIC JOB! I am very proud of her for her hard work, and I know she wanted that crown. But she made it runner up, and that is an awesome accomplishment.

Peru, Giuliana Zavallos - was  sexy throughout her swimsuit and evening gown competitions. The reason i was skeptical if she was going to win was because he question was not that great, and tons of rumors were floating around from back in Miss Universe. She also didn't make me feel that she was going to be the winner because she stepped on another contestants gown on purpose. That to me is not a winner. If Peru would not have won, Miss Brazil 2nd place, and Miss Mexico 1st runner up, i would have given the crown to Venezuela, although her answer to her question was very bland, i still think she had a lot of elegance.

Honduras, Karen Sabillón Sarmiento, did not know how to walk......

Miss Continente Americano had too many  performances... And they all sucked, in my opinion.

Overall, this was a great pageant. I hope that the new successor Miss Peru Giuliana Zevallos does a great job as the new Miss Continente Americano. Hopefully she doesn't push another Mexican she encounters with.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment